7/09/2006

Privacy screen


(Michael) It all started with desire for a little more privacy during those "adult swims" in the hot tub. We worked on a design for a couple of weeks. In this pic I put up a some boards to allow for a better understanding of what we wanted.

(Janice) I always know in my mind, what I want, but trying to put that on paper, or explain it with my professional verbage, such as "thingee" is a challenge, but we have fun. We knew we wanted some lattice, but the word brings up some unfortunate memories for me, so Michael started say "lettuce" instead of lattice. It was hilarious, he would be talking really serious and refer to "lettuce" and I would just crack up.


(Michael) With a week off work and help from Sean and Janice the screen start to take shape.

(Janice) Up to this point in the project, Michael and Sean were not blessed with my incredible building skills (not!) and without me telling them what to do, I'm amazed at the progress. But it was always such a great surprise to come home from work and see all that they had done.


(Michael) I put Sean to work on the much needed step. He did a great job. They are actually level and very solid..Great job Sean.

(Janice) Did you break a sweat Sean?


(Michael) Well, after four days and a lot of working together we finished. Janice designed the "lattice"....

(Janice) We worked from 9am until about 8pm, but we were rewarded with a wonderful new area. The only thing invading our privacy that evening in the hot tub, was the full moon. (in the sky!)


(Micheal) For now the Back yard is nearly complete. . We only have a small corner to work on.

The next project is the building a side deck and putting the fence back up....so like a three day weekend project..

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, you guys are amazing! I have a backyard that includes a tar driveway, a swingset, a clothesline, a bench and two chairs, and the only "decorative accent" is a birdbath, that the squirrels knock the top off every other day. There is a little ditch that I dug to drain the rain water away from the swing set, we call it the "Earl Canal" (after Earl Reinch the former owner of our house) and it drains into a bigger ditch that I dug called "Lake Earl". No grass, a couple of big trees and that's it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home